- High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
- The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
- Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
- Single piece axle housing for added strength
- 1-piece all-metal locker front and rear
- Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
- Bolt on link mounts
- Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
- Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared to 2.92 previously. This reduces torque twist which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
The AR44 axle was designed for both aesthetics and functionality. To improve upon the older AX10 axle, we designed the steering components with an 8 degree kingpin angle which results in a positive scrub radius. Making this change to the pivot point means less tire scrub for steering efficiency and less load on the steering servo.
- 8 degree kingpin angle
- Improved scrub radius over the AX10 axle
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
- Up to 45 degrees of steering
- Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
- Compact yet durable design
- Hardened steel construction
Scale looks on the outside, genuine Axial gears on the inside! The SCX10™ transmission received a design makeover with special attention paid towards aesthetics by mimicking a real transmission with a bell housing, oil pan and a 4X4 transfer case! And that’s just the beginning. By sitting the transfer case lower into the chassis and centering the driveshafts with the axle input housings, Axial has created a more efficient driveline with better driveshaft angles which puts less stress on moving parts. Better driveshaft angles coupled with hi-pinion axles IS scale realism backed with performance. Also includes full set of ball bearings and all metal internal gears for strength and durability.
- Transfer case design helps keep the driveshafts centered and as low as possible in the chassis
- Final drive ratio range 33.69 – 54.15 with available spur - pinion gear combinations
- Comes with 56T spur gear and 15T pinion / 32-pitch for durability
- All metal internal gears for strength and durability
- Final drive ratio (FDR) 40.44 with a range from 33.69 - 54.15 - Original SCX10 was 33.06
- Scale looks mimics a full size transmission and transfer case
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. But with this seemingly simple action comes a complexity of suspension hurdles to overcome - one of which is bump steer. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps interacting with improper length or angle of suspension and steering links. We made it our mission to design the front suspension in such a way that it eliminates or comes as close as possible to zero bump steer, to help give you the best driving experience possible.
- Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
- Anodized aluminum links included w/ M4 rod ends
- Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
- Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design for the rear which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. It also helps with steep off-camber climbs by having the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.
- All links are metal including the steering
- Custom tapered center - flared ends design
- Large M4 rod ends
- Grey anodized aluminum
This chassis is designed at 12.3” wheelbase length, but is easily adjusted to either a 11.4” or 12.0” wheelbase (optional link kits sold separately). Axial designed the chassis so that all the wheelbase adjustability happens out back without sacrificing front-end suspension geometry. Simple removal and installation of the suspension links and changing the drive shaft length allows an easier way to adjust the wheelbase.
- Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
- Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) (optional link kits sold separately)
- 4 link rear
- 12.3” wheelbase
The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain. Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
- Rear mount has been extended and stiffer plastics chosen to help limit the typical sag seen in plastic bumpers
- Lenses included for light locations on bumpers
- Rear tow hitch included for added scale appearance
The new adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
- Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
- Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose
- Easy access for quicker battery changes
- Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000 mAh)
What lies between the dirt and metal are the tires - your connection to the trail below. When it comes to tough terrain, adventure seekers reach for BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 tires for their dependability on the roughest backroads.
- Officially licensed by BFGoodrich
- 4.65” x 1.65” / 1.9 (118mm x 42.5mm)
- R35 compound
In an industry that's all about the latest and greatest, while taking advantage of styling trends, sometimes the 'less is more' approach is quite refreshing and the mesh wheel offers just that. Clean, simple and METHOD STRONG! These officially licensed METHOD Mesh Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean line look.
Fully licensed Icon Vehicle Dynamics™ shocks feature clear coated polished aluminum bodies, complete with aluminum faux reservoirs. The main body of the shock is threaded for quick ride height adjustments and pre-load tuning ability. Like their full size counterparts these shocks are completely rebuildable, tunable and offer consistent handling all while adding some of that Icon bling to your SCX10™ chassis.
- 61-90mm Aluminum Shock Set with 7mm piston
Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
- Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity
- Clean mounting surface for your ESC is large enough to accommodate up to 50x40mm footprint
Wire routing has been thoroughly thought through to help keep your chassis layout looking clean. In addition to including wire clips/guides, there has been a channel created that runs the length of the chassis so you can run additional wires hidden inside the c-channel frame.
- Optional mounting points and wire routing for a chassis mounted servo winch and 2 speed shift servo
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
- 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
- Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
- 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint
- Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance
- Adjustable length driveline parts included in box
Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- Slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface contact area
- More precise tuning and holding power
- Strong 32P gear pitch for high torque applications
Comes with molded scale detail parts (Grill with clear lenses, mirrors, door handles and liftgate trim panel).
- Clear Body with detailed decal sheet and window masks
Throughout the rich history surrounding the Jeep® brand, there have been several influential vehicles hailing from the seven-slot stable, one of which is the Jeep® Cherokee (XJ). Possibly considered as the dawn of the modern SUV, the XJ was first presented 1984 as one of the first small SUV’s introduced into the American market, which carried on until 2001. During its 17yr production run, the XJ was built on several continents for world wide exposure, offered in either a 2-door or 4-door configuration, available in several different trim levels along with either a 2wd or 4wd drivetrain. Under the hood featured three different engine options consisting of 2.5L I4 AMC (125hp @ 5400rpm and 150lb/ft of torque @ 3250rpm), 4.0L I6 OHC AMC (193hp@4600rpm and 231lb/ft of torque @ 3000rpm), and a Euro spec only turbo diesel I4 OHV (114hp@3900rpm and 221 lb/ft @ 2000rpm). In 97’, the XJ received a facelift that updated design queues focused on aerodynamics, body stiffness, styling as well as the spare tire being relocated from the rear bumper to inside the cab. The stiffer uni-body construction brought forth improvements in noise cancellation and vibrations while aerodynamics improved engine efficiency.
From an off-roading perspective, the XJ has proven to be a relatively inexpensive vehicle for purchase thus making it a value based build option, capable of suiting just about any sort of budget. Its bones are strong thanks to a Quadra-Link suspension system and primarily coming with Dana 35 axles since the beginning, but there was a Dana 44 option between 87’-91’. Don’t let its smaller size fool you, there’s room for four passengers and space for days, making it a great expedition rig for friends and family to tag along.