- Constructed by experts from lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Aluminum tube connector of the two-piece lower wing for easy transport and assembly
- Prepared for the installation of the Scale engine dummy
- Spring-loaded wooden spur included in scope of delivery
- Original shock-absorbed main landing gear with matching paint finish
- Three-part upper wing simplifies assembly
- Detailed cockpit with scale pilot and instrument panel
- Machine guns for an authentic overall impression
- Large fuselage lid provides easy access to electronics and flight batteries
- 8-inch Vintage Scale Wheels included in kit
- Functional tailplane tensioning
- Matching painted GRP hood with integrally moulded scale parts
- Suitable for petrol and electric motors
- covered with hangar 9 UltraCote
- Complete hardware package included
The German Fokker D.VII is counted among the best fighter planes of the First World War. Its origins date back to 1917, when the Allies gained air sovereignty with the S.E.5a and the SPAD fighters. To counteract this, the German side asked the aircraft manufacturers to present prototypes for single-seat combat aircraft for evaluation in January 1918. The design with the best overall performance would receive a production order. The Fokker D.VII was the winner and received a first order for 400 aircraft. A total of 3,300 DVII were produced and over 700 were in service after the end of the war. Especially the performance at high altitudes made the Fokker D.VII a feared opponent.
Hangar 9 brings this legend from the First World War to life as the Giant-Scale ARF version, which with its remarkable scale details does justice to the legendary model of the Fokker D.VII. The model was professionally built to exact standards using lightweight balsa and plywood. The result is an ARF model that combines outstanding original fidelity with good-natured flight characteristics. Even the most discerning model maker will appreciate the high level of detail, such as true-to-scale machine guns, a true-to-scale pilot figure, cockpit details and 8-inch vintage wheels. The shock-absorbed main landing gear cushions most of the bumps on grass tracks. A Hangar 9 UltraCote fabric offers a finish that reproduces the exact colour scheme of the original. The Fokker D.VII is designed to accommodate a variety of 2- or 4-stroke internal combustion engines from 30 to 60 cm3 or brushless external rotors. The complete hardware for the recommended drive options is included in the scope of delivery, so that the assembly proceeds quickly and the first flight is not long in coming. A large cover facilitates maintenance and battery replacement and provides easy access to the components.
Whether this is your first World War I Giant-Scale model, or the next replica in your hangar, with this ARF version you have a Fokker D.VII that meets all your needs.
Hangar 9 offers excellent flight models for ambitious pilots!
The spectrum reaches from the classical sailplane throw scale warbirds and acrobatic model. They set great value upon high quality materials and details. Worldwide, top pilots swear by the magnificent models of Hangar 9. Convince yourself!