With custom builders making up a large percentage of the RC crawler community, Absima wanted to offer something this community could really get excited about. We are now offering the CR3.4 in a pre-assembled chassis kit version, for those who want to run this great chassis with their own choice of electronics, wheels and body. The Absima CR3.4 already includes so many features custom builders look for, and is ready to be transformed into a high performance, unique, custom car.Please note that this rolling chassis comes WITHOUT body, wheels and electronic components!Chassis & Suspension
- A realistic designed 5mm CNC machined aluminum frame with a heavy duty aluminum 4-link suspension system
- Oil shock absorbers with internal springs, 5mm piston rods and shock boots provide a silky smooth and realistic response
- Height-adjustable body posts to perfectly match the body height to thre chassis
- Portal axles not only offer a greater distance from the differential housing to the ground than conventional axles, they also have another positive feature. With conventional crawlers, the torque applies so much force that the vehicle jumps over the obstacle. The design of the portal axles reduces the gear ratio at the wheels and virtually eliminates the torque surges of the drive. The overall reduction ratio of the axle drive is more than twice that of non-portal designs to insure a smooth run.
- A unique hydraulic steering shock absorber design
- Hardened steel drive shafts and a steering angle of 45.8° offer the best possibilities to handle any terrain
- The CR3.4 chassis features a 2-speed transmission to conquer tough terrain and bring you also fast to the next obstacle. Just push a button on the radio and change from transmission ratio 1/37.1 (low speed) to 1/15.1 (high speed)
- Lock and unlock the front and rear differential independently to get the maximum performance on the track - all controlled remotly from your tranmitter and 2x 0,9kg mini servos. Leave the differential unlocked for a smooth handling at high speed. On tecnical trails you can lock the front differential, the rear differential or even both to handle extreme terrain.
- Aluminum motor mount and an adjustable slipper clutch provide a additional protection in extreme conditions.
- Hardened steel differential gears and drive parts
- 3x waterproof 17g mini servos for gear transmission and differential lock/unlock
- Length: 445mm
- Width: 235mm (w/o wheels)
- Height: 125-200mm (body mount adjustable)
- Wheelbase: 313mm
- Weight: 1550g
- Approach Angle: 60°
- Departure Angle: 45°
- Steering Angle: 45.8°
- Shock Length: 90mm
- Shock Oil Viscosity: 500CPS
- Transmission: 2-speed (Hi 1/15.1 / Lo 1/37.1), Remote shiftable
- Gear Pitch: Module 0.8/32dp - Pinion 16T / Spur Gear 44T
- Drive System: 4WD Shaft Drive
- Mini Servos: 0,9kg waterproof (included)
The CR3.4 rolling chassis allows you to use the components you really want to built in:
- Select your favorite 6-CH radio system to enjoy all the benefits of this chassis (note: one channel needed for 2-speed shifting and 2 channels needed for lock differentials)
- Chose a brushed or brushless ESC/motor combination for rock crawler - the chassis can handle both.
- Steering servo (waterproof, 9kg or higher recommended)
- Body and Wheels according to your own taste (wheels need to be suitable for portal axles)
- Also a battery (LiPo or NiMH) and a suitable charger are needed
The company ABSIMA was founded in September 2011 in Nürnberg, Germany. As exclusive dealer for Team C Racing in Europe, Absima is one of the leaders in the RC Car industry worldwide. Absima offers a large selection of Cars in 1:10 and 1:8 scale, as well as thousands of quality spare and tuning parts, RC transmitters, servos, speed controllers, electric and glow motors, battery packs, and RC boats. From Ready to Run beginner kits to competition RC models, Absima has you covered!