- All filaments lie absolutely parallel, not twisted to the right or left, so that the properties of each individual fiber are fully applied to give the composite excellent physical-mechanical properties.
- The thickness is constant over the width of the entire fabric.
- All physical parameters have a very strict tolerance
- Filaments are held by very thin (76 dtex) polyester (3.5 g/m², one-sided) adhesive filament grids.
- The surface of the fibers is smooth, thus simplifying processing.
Coatings and laminates in model making, sandwich components, technical components that are mainly subjected to bending. Advantages of the material: almost 100% utilization of fiber properties, especially significantly higher compressive strength than fabric; higher fiber content possible, any cuts without fraying. Back side with backing film for peeling.Calculated data for hand laminates with 45 vol. % fibers:
Resin consumption: 63 g/m², laminate thickness: 0.10 mm, laminate weight: 143 g/m². Technical data:
- Tensile strength: 4137 MPa
- Modulus of elasticity tensile: 242 GPa
- Elongation at break: 1.5%
- Density: 1.81 g/cm³
- Filament diameter: 7.2 ?m
2.1 Classification of the substance or mixture 1/2020:
Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008
May cause allergic skin reactions.
2.2. labeling elements
Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008
Hazard-determining components of labelling
Reaction product: bisphenol-A epichlorohydrin; epoxy resin (average number average molecular weight
molecular weight <= 700)
H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction.
P280 Wear protective gloves.
Special labelling of certain mixtures
EUH208 Contains reaction product: bisphenol-A-(epichlorohydrin); epoxy resin (number average molecular weight >/= 700).... May cause allergic reactions.
Note on labeling
Not classified as dangerous according to GefStoffV/EC regulations.
2.3 Other hazards