About the VQ B-24 LIBERATOR 110?
The VQ B-24 LIBERATOR 110? model is an exciting replica of the original WWII Bomber that helped turn the tide of WWII and was loved by its crew. This amazing bomber penetrated deep into AXIS TERRITORY, delivered heavy bomb loads, shot down thousands of enemy fighters and yet managed to bring many crews home to safety thanks to it’s higher speeds and 11 machine guns on board. VQ now proudly brings you this historic bomber in an impressive 110-inch wingspan model that results in a great flying bomber that is easy to see and manageable to fly, but because of its two-piece wing, the model breaks down to fit nicely into most vehicles.
Though not intended to be flown or built by the novice modeler, experienced modelers will find this B-24 easy to assemble and versatile enough to handle many different power systems both glow and electric.
– Plywood,balsa wood with some fiberglass and plastic trim-piece components
– Factory-covered airframe and painted cowls
– 2-piece wing for easy transportation
– Wide selection of power systems can be used
– Exceptional multi-engine scale warbird flying qualities
– Clear molded windshields/turrets
– Turrets can be servo operated/enabled to allow turret movement
– (4) Individual Scale Type B-24 Roll-Up Bomb Bay doors (modeler decides how to operate doors/method)
– B-24 Aluminum Scale Wheels and retractable landing gear available separately (not included)
-Optional B-24 Scale Bomb Set with (16) scale bombs already assembled , painted green with yellow decals,” bomb rack” available late February 2019.
-Qualifies as Giant Scale with its 110 Inch Wing Span
Wing span 110.0? (9?-2?)
Wing area (incl. ail. & flaps) 1192.0 sq.” (8.277sq.ft )
Overall length 67 5/8?
Height (top of fin) 17.91
Stabilizer span 26.0?
Stabilizer area 192.0 sq.” incl. elevators
Dorsal fin 139.0 s
Rudders area, incl. tabs 48.8 sq”
FLYING WEIGHT: Demo aircraft weighs 23.37 lbs with Saito FA-40 engines, Robart Scale Landing Gear, Scale Wheels, Full bomb load, ready to fly (if you remove scale bomb load, you save 1.2 lbs)
R/C Control :
Requires a 6-8+ channel radio with 11-23 servos (see below)
(7-8) Functions: Rudder, elevator, ailerons, flaps, throttle, retracts, bomb drop, turret movement
If you use electric motors you don’t need the (4) throttle servos, if making turrets functional add (1) servo per turret, if adding bomb release add (4) micro servos
(6) Micro servos (2) rudder & (4) throttle if using glow engines and not electric)
(12) Mini servos (4) turret , 4 flaps , 4 drop bombs )
(5) Standard size servos (2) elevators ,(2) ailerons, (1) nose gear (metal gear servo with long arm like Hitec HS-5645 MG)
Some nose weight will likely be required with glow engines, and up to 10-12 ounces will be required for electric configurations. However, on such a big plane, the weight is really not an issue – but as with all airplanes, the CG is important for proper flight performance.For flight controls, good-quality ball-bearing servos are recommended. Due to the extra forces on the nose gear/rudder combination, a metal gear servo is recommend for that.
* Does not include: radio gear, engines/motors , retractable landing gear, bomb ordnance, adhesives, battery packs or silicone fuel line, finishing supplies, this is airframe kit only.
Das Produkt B-24 LIBERATOR 2,8M ARF WARBIRD von VQ MODELS in der Kategorie Warbirds hat eine Spannweite von 2800 sowie ein Gewicht von 4600g. Die Steuerung des Modells erfolgt über die Funktionen H,S,Q,M,(opt.EZFW). Das Modell ist als ARF - ALMOST READY TO FLY ausgeführt . Wir empfehlen einen Akku für dieses Elektroflugmodell.
* Erklärung Steuerfunktionen:
- H ... Höhenruder
- S ... Seitenruder
- Q ... Querruder
- M ... Motorsteuerung
- V ... Vektorsteuerung
- SK ... Störklappen
- LK ... Landeklappen
- WK ... Wölbklappen
- EZFW ... Einziehfahrwerk
- SKU ... Schleppkupplung
- ( ) ... optional - in Klammer geschriebene Steuerfunktionen sind bei dem beschriebenen Modell optional verfügbar